Curriculum for Geography (BA): Environment and Society specialization
You will need Adobe Acrobat to view this file.
Required Courses (9 hours)
- GEOG 3800: Geographical Perspectives on Environment and Society
- GEOG 4101: Undergraduate Research and Professionalization Seminar*
- GEOG 4100: Geographic Inquiry OR GEOG 5100: Spatial Data Analysis**
Required Electives (complete all categories)
1. Physical Geography courses: Choose three (9-10 hours)
- GEOG 2800: Our Global Environment OR GEOG 2960: Introduction to Physical Geography
- GEOG 3980: Biogeography: An Introduction to Life on Earth
- GEOG 3900: Global Climate Change: Causes and Consequences OR GEOG 3901H: Global Climate and Environmental Change
2. Human Geography courses: Choose three (9 hours)
- GEOG 3702: Life and Death Geographies: Global Population Dynamics
- GEOG 3597.03: Environmental Citizenship
- GEOG 5402: Land Use Geography
- GEOG 5700: Geography of Development
- GEOG 5751: New Worlds of Latin America
- GEOG 5801: Environmental Conservation
- GEOG 5802: Globalization and Environment
3. Methods courses: Choose two (6 hours)
- GEOG 5100: Spatial Data Analysis
- GEOG 5200: Cartography and Map Design
- GEOG 5201: GeoVisualization
- GEOG 5210: Fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems
- GEOG 5212: Spatial Database Design for GIS
- GEOG 5225: Geographic Applications of Remote Sensing
- GEOG 5226: Spatial Simulation and Modeling
*Geography 4101 is an upper-division course meant to be taken in the third or fourth year of study; offered AU semester only.
**Geography 4100 is a capstone course meant to be taken in the last year of study; offered SP semester only.
The General Education Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree are available on the College of Arts and Sciences website.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.