One of the Winners of the Sharp Seed Grant Award 2018 Forrest Schoessow (firstname.lastname@example.org) Project Leader, Graduate Student, Project: 3D-Mapping of high-mountain tropical glacier retreat using unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and Lidar remote sensing.
The Sharpe Innovation Commons 0005 Derby Hall:
- Large room featuring several seating/work areas, with laptop power hook up and 4 PC workstations, 2 iMAC workstations and a white board.
- 12x12 foot glass enclosed meeting room with 55 inch screen display and Solstice Pod for sharing presentations and digital content, Solstice App for most clients. (More on how to connect to a Solstice Pod below.
- 2x2 55 inch Planar Media Wall with 4 Solstice Pods, HDMI input and a PC available for setting up on the displays using the in wall controll panel to configure which devices are displayed on each screen or on the entire wall as well as which device has the sound for the room. Connect to the solstice pods using osuwireless networking and the Solstice App for most clients.
- 2 Ultimaker 3 3D printers that will be avalable to students through our lab monitors, process TBD. Programs to get to know for preparing the print jobs would be CURA 3.4 and Blender.
How to Connect to a Solstice Pod
- Make sure that you are connected to the “osuwireless" network. The WIFI@OSU will not work for Solstice. For info on connecting to Ohio State’s wireless network, visit wireless.osu.edu.
- First-time Users: Open a browser on your device and type in the IP address that you see on the Solstice display in the room. Follow the on-screen prompts to download the app for your device.
- Returning Users: Open the Solstice app on your device, and either connect to a Solstice display from the directory, or type in the IP address of a Solstice Pod.
- When prompted, input the screen key shown on the Solstice Display.
The Sharpe Innovation Commons Studio 0151 Derby Hall:
Features a sound insulated room with green screen recording capability and small meeting/conference room setup.
Technology Manual for the Sharpe Innovation Commons Studio
Below are some recordings/images from the opening of the Studio, which was phase 1 of the Commons.
Gary Sharpe tests out the new Green Screen studio showing the locations of his Company around Ohio, and the locations of the High Schools where our Sharpe Scholarship recipients have come from.
Thank you Gary for your generous donations.