Minimum admission criteria for the MA in Geography:
• A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
• A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate work.
• Training and/or experience that demonstrates that you are prepared for your proposed course of study. Evidence of such preparation usually comes in the form of transcripts or other such credentials, your research statement, and evaluations in your letters of reference.
• GRE scores (GRE ) are currently required from all applicants in order to be considered for admission to the Ohio State University. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency to the university. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
• Proof of English language proficiency, for international applicants and those who have held the status of U.S. permanent resident for less than one year from the first day of the first term of enrollment. Minimum required scores:
TOEFL: 100 on the Internet-based, with a 24 on the speaking
IELTS: 7.0, with a 7.5 speaking
Applicants who are exempt from this requirement include: those who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree (or higher) from one of these English-speaking countries: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales.