The Department of Geography at Ohio State is recognized as one of the Top 5 geography departments in the nation.
We’ve earned that distinction by:
- Offering a diverse and challenging curriculum with six distinct fields of specialization
- Employing world-renowned faculty and researchers in the field to guide our work
- Engaging students at the graduate and undergraduate level in hands-on study and field work that translates into practical experience
At Ohio State, we address many issues of local and global importance, some of which include:
- Urban growth and decline
- Regional population shifts and societal change
- Spatial patterns of human activity and the effects on the physical landscape
- Developing spatial models and mapping techniques
Browse our site to learn more about our programs, our faculty, and some of our students. The people within our department have made geography more than just their job or major; they have made it their passion.
Catch up on what has happened in the department over the past year by taking a look at the current issue of Geospectrum.
Need a question answered? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614 292-2514.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com.