Beyond our immediate facilities, we have strategic affiliations with the following organizations and facilities that further enhance the learning experience of Geography students as well as those from other disciplines.
- Byrd Polar Research Center at The Ohio State University is recognized internationally as a leader in polar and alpine research. Research at the Center focuses on the role of cold regions in the Earth's overall climate system and encompasses geological sciences, geochemistry, glaciology, paleoclimatology, meteorology, remote sensing, ocean dynamics, and the history of polar exploration. Research initiated by the Center is conducted throughout the world.
- The Climate, Water, and Carbon Program [pdf] (CWC) is a collaboration of scientists and policy researchers from a variety of research fields at The Ohio State University dedicated to the study of abrupt global climate change and related impacts.
- Initiative in Population Research, housed at Ohio State, exists to cultivate an active and innovative research and training program centered on population studies and health, including a focus on children, youth, and families.
- The OSU Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) works to bring awareness of Latin American countries, their issues, and their increasing linkages to the United States. CLAS also works to foster high-quality research opportunities for graduate and faculty researchers.
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity. Geography's work in the specializations of Urban, Regional, and Global Studies and Environment and Society aligns with the mission and goals of the Kirwan Institute, which exists to contribute meaningfully to the field of research and scholarship on race, ethnicity, and social justice issues.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.