Beyond our immediate facilities, we have strategic affiliations with the following organizations and facilities that further enhance the learning experience of Geography students as well as those from other disciplines.
- Byrd Polar Research Center at The Ohio State University is recognized internationally as a leader in polar and alpine research. Research at the Center focuses on the role of cold regions in the Earth's overall climate system and encompasses geological sciences, geochemistry, glaciology, paleoclimatology, meteorology, remote sensing, ocean dynamics, and the history of polar exploration. Research initiated by the Center is conducted throughout the world.
- Center for Urban and Regional Analysis CURA is an interdisciplinary group of scholars in social, natural, and environmental sciences; applied economics; agriculture; engineering; health and medical professions; and the humanities. We offer a wide range of support services for research that applies to urban and metropolitan areas, rural areas, and broader regional issues. Some of our services include GIS data processing, spatial analysis, and cartographic services.
- The Climate, Water, and Carbon Program [pdf] (CWC) is a collaboration of scientists and policy researchers from a variety of research fields at The Ohio State University dedicated to the study of abrupt global climate change and related impacts.
- Initiative in Population Research, housed at Ohio State, exists to cultivate an active and innovative research and training program centered on population studies and health, including a focus on children, youth, and families.
- The OSU Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) works to bring awareness of Latin American countries, their issues, and their increasing linkages to the United States. CLAS also works to foster high-quality research opportunities for graduate and faculty researchers.
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity. Geography's work in the specializations of Urban, Regional, and Global Studies and Environment and Society aligns with the mission and goals of the Kirwan Institute, which exists to contribute meaningfully to the field of research and scholarship on race, ethnicity, and social justice issues.
- Sustainability Institute Seeks to promote sustainability and resilience teaching and learning • Catalyze interdisciplinary research that drives discovery and innovation • Engage public and private sector partners to develop and apply sustainable solutions • Integrate sustainability scholarship with campus activities to engage students in research and experiential learning • Provide a competitive advantage in attracting exceptional new talent, students, partnerships and resources
- Translational Data Analytics Institute The Ohio State University’s Translational Data Analytics Institute brings together Ohio State faculty, students and industry and community partners to create data science and analytics solutions for global problems, develop a diverse and inclusive workforce, and advance scholarship. Together, we are using big data for good.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com . PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.